Monday 18 August 2014

Ch-ch-changes

I haven't posted in a while, but I hope it's with fair reason. I started a new job a couple of weeks ago and have spent almost all my time since immersing myself in the new company and role.

I've had introductions to our various channels and formats and touchpoints. I've spent valuable time with people in functions associated (directly and indirectly) with my own. I've spent valuable time with people in functions completely unrelated to mine too! 

I learnt about our customers, our products, the experiences we offer and how we offer them.

Most of the time, I met with a passion to share knowledge and, in turn, a lively interest in what I was going to be doing. Then, at times, I learnt through mucking in and doing some work myself.

More recently, I've been getting down to the nitty gritty, to
the job I'm here to do. And at this point, I've been benefiting from the experience and generosity of those who've been doing it up until now.

Whenever I've had a spare moment, I've been reading company literature, trawling the website, versing myself in what makes our brand what it is.


I've never experienced such a comprehensive, expansive induction, and I'm so grateful for it. I'm left hoping I've made the most and that I've learnt enough!


So after two great years in my previous job, lots of changes. And lots to write about in the future, I think!


Pic 1 - Mara Hoffmann for Anthropologie Notebook £12, French Connection Wanda CrossBody Bag £85, Clarks Busby Jazz £69.99

Pic 2 - Lamy AL-Star Fountain Pen £23.95, Liberty Blue Edge A5 Notebook £16.95, LK Bennett Leonie Patent-Leather Cluch £185, Apologie Pumps £250 at Shoescribe

No comments:

Post a Comment